And welcome back to my blog!
I am back after a long, long break with a sweet and easy Banana and walnut bread. I make this loaf often as it is perfect in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee.
Here are the ingredients:
- 100g softened butter, plus a little extra for greasing if you are not using the parchment paper
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 small very ripe bananas or 3 big ones
- 85g chopped walnuts and some walnut halves for decorating
- 50ml milk or water
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease a 2lb loaf tin with some butter or cover with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl, mix together the soft butter, sugar and egg.
3. In another bowl mix the flour and baking powder
4. Peel and mash the bananas.
5. Now mix everything together, including the chopped nuts.
6. Pour your mixture into the tin and lay the walnut halves on top.
7. Bake for 1 hr until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack before removing from the loaf tin.
Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do. Please let me know your comments below.