So I made this Lemon Tart for Easter and it is sooo good that I had to share it in hope that you too will make it and enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 pack of 200g digestive biscuits
- 70g butter – melted
- 1 tin of 397g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 lemons – I use unwaxed because I grate the zest of one lemon and use in the mixture
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- I use a tart tin with loose bottom -size 10in, 26cm
- Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs (I used my food processor but you can crush them in a zip bag with a rolling pin then move the crumbs into a bowl), then add the melted butter and mix. Put this mixture into the tart tin by pressing the mixture down until its nice and levelled. Put aside while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the condensed milk into a different bowl, add the eggs and mix well.
- Zest one lemon, and set aside.
- Juice the 3 lemons.
- Add the juice slowly to the milk while whisking; the mixture will thicken a bit. By the way, if you need to stop your bowl from moving around while mixing put a tea-towel under it.
- Add the lemon zest, then mix.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the base.
- Now its ready to put in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the mixture its firm.
- When baked take out of the oven and let cool completely, then refrigerate before serving.
I do hope you’ll give this recipe a go, and if you do please let me know in the comments if you liked it.
Until the next time,